Finding a premium quality leather shoulder briefcase that doesn’t use harmful toxic tanning processes is no longer difficult – welcome to Rustic Town…
Empowering local skilled artisans to handcraft our products in a traditional “lost art” way to create stunning workmanship whose spirit is lost on mass-produced leather goods.
Handcrafted Genuine Leather Briefcase Satchel Messenger Bag
Each of our shoulder briefcases is handmade and looks more beautiful the more you use it.
Unlike machine-processed leather bags that can lack warmth and personality, Rustic Town products use traditional tools which create tiny imperfections that deepen with character as they age.
The leather develops a rich patina as it matures and comes with subtle natural nuances that make every satchel individual.
Is it a Messenger Bag or a Briefcase?
It is a hybrid of both, designed to overcome the following challenges:
- A briefcase looks great for a meeting but not so hip on the subway home – a detachable shoulder strap & a carry handle creates a 2-in-1 bag.
- Commuting using a backpack has problems; you must take it off when you sit down, or when the queues get cramped. They are also prone to pickpockets – this shoulder briefcase simply slips around to your front or side and is unlikely to get snatched.
Good to Know…
- Easy to find what you are looking for
- Less exposed than a rucksack
- Ideal for business meetings or casual
- Heavy-duty lining & strong YKK zippers
- Fully adjustable shoulder strap
- 15 x 11 x 4 inches – fits a 14 inch laptop
Vegetable Tanning – a Kinder Process
At Rustic Town we recognize that the leather industry employs highly toxic pollutants to process and make leather products.
We wanted to stay clear of using harmful chemicals and this is why the leather used in our bags and accessories is processed using the traditional technique of “vegetable tanning”.
This gives our leather unique natural characteristics and is less harmful. It takes longer and costs us more however, it is worth it.